Uva e Vinho

Santa Tereza

Santa Tereza

The beginning of Santa Tereza colonization was in 1877, by Italian immigrants, and Polish families arrived there in 1885. The name of the town was chosen by Italian colonization chief, Joaquim Rodrigues Antunes, in honor to his wife, Teresa.

It is located at superior northeast shoreline of Rio Grande do Sul, 30 km from Bento Gonçalves, on the margins of Taquari river, surrounded by beautiful valleys and many grapevines, and it maintains mountains with native forest. Santa Tereza has a lot of historical patrimony, composed by houses, towers, churches and chapters.

It was emancipated in 1992 and its aim is to develop itself maintaining natural and historical resources.

Site: www.santatereza.rs.gov.br

*Texto traduzido por Marciele Borchet.

Back