Uva e Vinho

Guaporé

Guaporé

The history of the town is naturally Indigenous and later it was composed by Italian immigrants. The name Guaporé means “Desert Valley” and it was chosen by the first inhabitants, who were Indians. It was emancipated on December 11th, 1903, having as manager Dr. Vespasiano Rodrigues Corrêa. It is a city designed with blocks of 100m by 100m and avenues of 25m since 1903. There are only a few cities with this planning in the country.

Its main economical activity is the industry, where we can highlight jewelry, metal-mechanical and clothing sectors. Jewelry sector has more than one hundred sixty enterprises and clothing has one hundred twenty, mainly on lingerie, fitness and beach fashion. On these segments, industrial activity has created factory stores, which are responsible by shopping tourism, which has been increasing a lot, causing a constant appearance of new enterprises on industrial and commercial sectors. The town stands out as hospitality capital and it is the biggest jewelry producer in Rio Grande do Sul and the third in Brazil.

Guaporé has as its main events: Mostra Guaporé (a business fair); Semana Farroupilha (a typical party in Rio Grande do Sul); Via Sacra no Morro do Cristo; regional, state and national automobile competitions, like Formula Truck; participation in state contest Garota Verão (Summer Girl); Carnival; allusive week to Native Country; Rodeio Crioulo (rodeo); commemorative activities to the birthday of the town; Christmas celebration.

Site: http://www.guapore.rs.gov.br

*Texto traduzido por Marciele Borchet.

Tourist Information

Fullscreen
Back