Uva e Vinho

Barão

In the beginning of its colonization, it was known as Linha 6ª General Osório de Alfredo Chaves, which nowadays is Veranópolis town.

Around 1884, with the division of rural allotments of Alfredo Chaves, Italian immigrants’ families came to this region and deforested a part of land to build houses and install plantations. As time went by, schools, churches and cemeteries were built. Later, the second migratory flow has arrived, composed by Polish.

Its political emancipation was on May 9th, 1988, through State Law number 8611. Heitor Gabriel Giombelli was the first Mayor, from 1989 to 1992.

Back